When I lent my services to a collegue who was working on a film about 12 years ago, I was introduced to the world of cnc. I remember watching this huge machining centre milling out a slab of mdf and turning it into a fantastic set of gears. I knew that it would have taken me hours to achieve the same thing with traditional power tools. I decided then that I would invest in a cnc router for my own business Oxenham Design. At that time I could turn on a computer, but even to check email seemed like a crazy set of operations. I persevered and learned every piece of relevant software I could get my hands on. I am now fortunate enough to be using Vectric's ASPIRE software, and Techno cnc routers, which has helped us to create some amazing projects, both in part, or in full. I thought that this blog would be a great place to share "behind the scenes" adventures with the software, materials and equipment we use, as well as the projects we build.

Wednesday 8 October 2014

Nuit Blanche..........The Environmental Aftermath.......

The crew call time for the removal of the Nuit-Blanche display was 7 am Sunday.
 WHAT?!?!
You heard me!

This meant setting the alarm for 4 am. Not exactly my idea of Sunday morning, but it's all part of the gig. This is what the scene looked like when we arrived. All the water in the fountain was a horrible colour of dark muddy brown, kinda gross. This meant that it went perfectly according to plan! There was scoady brown foam floating on top, and the fountains were running with the goop no coming out of them! It was perfect! I wish we had gotten to see the whole event unfold, but we just couldn't be there for the show.

 I snapped this picture as the sun was coming up, after we had the riser cladding removed. The planned graffiti on the tanks was certainly a work art in it's own right!

This was a great project to be involved with! Jody and I had a great time, the whole way through! We met some really great people from the FX team, as well as the City!

A special thanks to Trevor Highland at the City of Toronto for getting us involved!
8)
JWO



No comments:

Post a Comment