When I lent my services to a collegue who was working on a film about 12 years ago, I was introduced to the world of cnc. I remember watching this huge machining centre milling out a slab of mdf and turning it into a fantastic set of gears. I knew that it would have taken me hours to achieve the same thing with traditional power tools. I decided then that I would invest in a cnc router for my own business Oxenham Design. At that time I could turn on a computer, but even to check email seemed like a crazy set of operations. I persevered and learned every piece of relevant software I could get my hands on. I am now fortunate enough to be using Vectric's ASPIRE software, and Techno cnc routers, which has helped us to create some amazing projects, both in part, or in full. I thought that this blog would be a great place to share "behind the scenes" adventures with the software, materials and equipment we use, as well as the projects we build.

Wednesday 27 November 2013

Del Monte!

  While perusing the Westside studio blog: http://www.westsidestudio.com/blog/
I came across the finals of the Del Monte job we did quite a while back.
I have embedded their blog on mine, and it shows sort of a day in the life after we deliver our part of the job!
Thanks again to Westside, and enjoy!

 

 

IN PRINT | A DIFFERENT KINDA BREAK

by Matt on November 19, 2013
Whether it’s chatting round the water cooler, or a lonely smoke in the autumn cold, we all find our ways to get a quick break in during the daily grind. Many at the studio enjoy sneaking off to one of our local coffee esablishments for a midday fix. But today Andrew B Myers and Blammo invite you to change up your daily routine, and try doing something more fruitful with your 5.
© Andrew B Myers
© Andrew B. Myers
Working with Art Director (and all around great guy) Oliver James Brooks, Andrew brought his signature style to Del Monte and their lineup of delicious Fruit Cups. In addition to the layouts seen above, there are some really awesome double page versions that we’ve left at a nice high resolution for all your desktop background needs.
© Andrew B. Myers
© Andrew B. Myers
© Andrew B. MyersPhotographer: Andrew B Myers
Client: Del Monte
Agency: Blammo
Art Director: Oliver James Brooks
Food Stylist: Chantel Payette
Model Maker: Oxenham Design
Assistants: Gabe Nivera & Rebecca Leach
To bring the ears, lips, and Like’s to life, Jamie Oxenham of Oxenham Design was brought on board to whip up some of his model making magic. Here’s a look of some of the steps involved in creating the props via his blog From Aspire to Beyond.
© Jamie Oxenham
© Jamie Oxenham
© Jamie Oxenham
© Jamie Oxenham
© Jamie Oxenham
© Jamie Oxenham
© Jamie Oxenham
As for the day on set, it seems like donuts were the favourite prop based on Instagram’s from both Gabe Nivera and Tom Nesbitt.
© Gabe Nivera
© Gabe Nivera
© Tom Nesbitt
© Gabe Nivera
So however you choose to take your break – that’s fine – enjoy your time. Just remember if you’re looking to change it up, grab a Del Monte Fruit Cup!
Images © Andrew B Myers
BTS Images © Jamie Oxenham, Gabe Nivera, & Tom Nesbitt


8)

JWO

 

No comments:

Post a Comment