When I lent my services to a collegue who was working on a film about 12 years ago, I was introduced to the world of cnc. I remember watching this huge machining centre milling out a slab of mdf and turning it into a fantastic set of gears. I knew that it would have taken me hours to achieve the same thing with traditional power tools. I decided then that I would invest in a cnc router for my own business Oxenham Design. At that time I could turn on a computer, but even to check email seemed like a crazy set of operations. I persevered and learned every piece of relevant software I could get my hands on. I am now fortunate enough to be using Vectric's ASPIRE software, and Techno cnc routers, which has helped us to create some amazing projects, both in part, or in full. I thought that this blog would be a great place to share "behind the scenes" adventures with the software, materials and equipment we use, as well as the projects we build.

Friday 8 March 2013

Who's Awesome? You Guys, That's who!

Clearly, I have been away from posting for a while. I have received a bunch of emails from people checking in, and I thank everyone. Please don't send Jody any gift baskets and cards that start with 'Sorry for your loss' :)

First off, I need to thank every one of you who takes the time to read our blog! THANK YOU! Today marks the 2nd year we've been posting here, and without you guys reading it, we wouldn't be doing it. So again, you guys drive this, and I thank you!



Jody and I will be down at Techno cnc routers on Friday March 15, in New York. They're having a free CNC signmaking seminar, and we've been asked to come down and share some cnc tips and tricks! I hope to see some of you guys there! They will be demo-ing some of their cnc routers for everyone to check out.
Here's the link if you can make it: https://app.e2ma.net/app2/survey/32670/213017689/fbad057973/267786142/11311006/213512094/?v=a&v=a

We decided at the last minute to escape the relentless cold, and head to Cozumel, Mexico for a week. It was amazing as always! The weather was perfect.
I did work a bit while we were away. Jody would go to the gym every morning, and I took that time to work on a writing a couple of magazine articles. So the above picture became my morning office for the week using our tablet.
We also spent a lot of time on this dive boat. Again, the sun was amazing!



These were some other shots that we grabbed while we were away. Man, I'm going to retire to Mexico, at least for the winter months! Canada is amazing in the summer, but I think the winter belongs to Mexico.

On the "earning an income" side of things, we had a couple of jobs that got a re-work, so they've been pushed back a bit. We also signed an NDA for an upcoming show, so we can't post about that stuff. In fact we can't talk about it for 3 years from the final episode air date. So.................stay tuned :)

We are starting a cool build on Monday, there won't be any cnc work on it, it's all casting and mold making. But it's gonna be cool!

We're also in the process of releasing some of our own products in the near future, so we're pretty stoked to be able to get to work with a few companies on that stuff. I will gladly post about them when we're ready to launch!

Thanks again everyone, this has been an awesome adventure!
8)
JO



1 comment:

  1. Dude, I am totally jealous. Glad to see you back posting, even if I am reading it while rain, sleet, and snow are all falling around here. Didn't know you two were divers. I used to be, about 20 years and 4 kids ago... Nice to see your business is doing well. Have fun in New York!

    ReplyDelete