When I lent my services to a collegue who was working on a film about 12 years ago, I was introduced to the world of cnc. I remember watching this huge machining centre milling out a slab of mdf and turning it into a fantastic set of gears. I knew that it would have taken me hours to achieve the same thing with traditional power tools. I decided then that I would invest in a cnc router for my own business Oxenham Design. At that time I could turn on a computer, but even to check email seemed like a crazy set of operations. I persevered and learned every piece of relevant software I could get my hands on. I am now fortunate enough to be using Vectric's ASPIRE software, and Techno cnc routers, which has helped us to create some amazing projects, both in part, or in full. I thought that this blog would be a great place to share "behind the scenes" adventures with the software, materials and equipment we use, as well as the projects we build.

Wednesday 1 February 2012

Lawyer sign Delivered

I finished up all the painting touches on the Lawyer sign today and we delivered it at 5:30 pm. The customer was very pleased! We aren't installing this sign, the contractor who called us is. Nice! My favorite situation!

It would've been nice to get a picture of it sitting upright, but I wanted it to sit on the welded frame. The dark black/grey brickwork is very subtle, but looks so much better than a woodgrain, or just plain and no texture. The scales look great sitting on they're 1" standoffs.
While I was delivering the sign, I was able to pick up our crystal diamonds that will be "bling-ing" out the Chlamydia necklace. I'm gonna draw up the router file tonight. I probably won't get to machining it until the weekend, as there is a ton of work to do in the new place were moving to.
8)
JO

No comments:

Post a Comment