When I lent my services to a collegue who was working on a film about 12 years ago, I was introduced to the world of cnc. I remember watching this huge machining centre milling out a slab of mdf and turning it into a fantastic set of gears. I knew that it would have taken me hours to achieve the same thing with traditional power tools. I decided then that I would invest in a cnc router for my own business Oxenham Design. At that time I could turn on a computer, but even to check email seemed like a crazy set of operations. I persevered and learned every piece of relevant software I could get my hands on. I am now fortunate enough to be using Vectric's ASPIRE software, and Techno cnc routers, which has helped us to create some amazing projects, both in part, or in full. I thought that this blog would be a great place to share "behind the scenes" adventures with the software, materials and equipment we use, as well as the projects we build.

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Finally I get to see the money!

I finally got to see the final comp on the pile of money we made a while back for the Manulife Financial print ad. (sometimes these things can take forever!)
If you dont remember, here's a WIP of it:


And here's the final comp:
I think photographer Tyler Gray did a great job with this one!
There is a small write up on the shoot day over at the Westside Studio blog if you want to read what happened after we delivered it:
http://www.westsidestudio.com/blog/?p=10196

We have a quick turn around job for a T.V. commercial that we have to deliver at 5 pm tomorrow. It's a good thing we got the go ahead tonight :)
It will be pretty straight forward for sure, I'll post the progress tomorrow
8)
JO

No comments:

Post a Comment