When I lent my services to a collegue who was working on a film about 12 years ago, I was introduced to the world of cnc. I remember watching this huge machining centre milling out a slab of mdf and turning it into a fantastic set of gears. I knew that it would have taken me hours to achieve the same thing with traditional power tools. I decided then that I would invest in a cnc router for my own business Oxenham Design. At that time I could turn on a computer, but even to check email seemed like a crazy set of operations. I persevered and learned every piece of relevant software I could get my hands on. I am now fortunate enough to be using Vectric's ASPIRE software, and Techno cnc routers, which has helped us to create some amazing projects, both in part, or in full. I thought that this blog would be a great place to share "behind the scenes" adventures with the software, materials and equipment we use, as well as the projects we build.

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Death lives at #TIFF

Well it's official! Our Death Machine will make it's debut performance at the Toronto International Film Festival in Simon Ennis's short film "Up in Cottage Country" This is great news for Simon. Congratulations! (I snagged the video from his FB page)! So I guess with any luck, I will be at the festival. After seeing this trailer, it inspired me to re-live the build journey by reading some of my old posts. It's funny now that some time has passed, how the stressful bits of the job have all melted away, and now it all looked so easy!
I hope the posted video runs ok. It looks like a cool film, and not because I worked on it.
Julian Richings (the general) is definitely one of my super favourite actors!

JO

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the whole film! I'm sure the machine ran smoothly, because of the precision cam shafts of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joseph Christoff12 August 2011 at 06:33

    Looks great Jamie, congratulations on a job well done

    ReplyDelete