When I lent my services to a collegue who was working on a film about 12 years ago, I was introduced to the world of cnc. I remember watching this huge machining centre milling out a slab of mdf and turning it into a fantastic set of gears. I knew that it would have taken me hours to achieve the same thing with traditional power tools. I decided then that I would invest in a cnc router for my own business Oxenham Design. At that time I could turn on a computer, but even to check email seemed like a crazy set of operations. I persevered and learned every piece of relevant software I could get my hands on. I am now fortunate enough to be using Vectric's ASPIRE software, and Techno cnc routers, which has helped us to create some amazing projects, both in part, or in full. I thought that this blog would be a great place to share "behind the scenes" adventures with the software, materials and equipment we use, as well as the projects we build.

Monday 18 July 2011

The shoot went great!

The shoot on Saturday went great! We arrived on set for 7 am, which was a feat unto itself. Joe and I got the stuff unloaded and set up for what is called a 'client show and tell'. This is just where you set it up the way it's going to be shot so the client can see where their money went to. The director Michael Patterson was very happy with everything and couldn't believe we pulled of the 3 models, bases, mountains and BG mountains in the time allotted. Joe and I hung out until around noon, just to make sure there was no problems with anything, and then we headed home to get some more rest. Now we have to poor ourselves into a basement 'rec-room' set at 12'X12' with a cieling, and then next Wednesday we are shooting a huge 30'X30' warehouse loft set. I guess I can sleep when I'm dead :)

Here are some of the photos taken on set. There was a fair amount of commotion, as the lighting and rigging got set up, so I wasn't able to get as many pics as I was hoping. But I got some none the less.
I wasn't able to get to see the art director Michael Borthwick on the day, as he was on another shoot, but he came the next day and was happy with his designs brought to life. Michael has a great eye for detail, and I think that it came through in the models we built. This was another great job with great people at all ends of it. We certainly are lucky!














































No comments:

Post a Comment